7th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and Green Festival
The Orange County Marketplace is hosting an Irish and Eco-friendly event on Sunday, March 17th for the 7th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration. The event will feature “green” activities, music, entertainment and more from 10am to 4pm. The family-friendly event will feature:
World Champion Irish Dance Troupes from Orange County perform jigs, reels and soft show numbers:
Claddagh School of Irish Dance:10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
Aniar Academy of Irish Dance: 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m.
Fearon O’Connor School of Irish Dance: 2:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
Plastic Bag Fashion Show presented by HauteTrash at 11:30 a.m.
Vendors selling fiber art, knitted items, paper jewelry, footwear from recycled tires and jewelry & accessories made from military items and ammo.
Eco-Friendly transportation displays by Plug-in-America, Smart Cars (So Cal Smarties Meet up) and Electric Scooters.
Non-profit organizations showing eco-friendly ideas for better living and preserving Mother Earth: Earth Resource Foundation, Back to Natives, Surfrider Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, UCI Theta Psi, UCI Calpirg Go Solar, Enrecos : Vermi Pro worm farming and composting.
Zero Waste Zones.
High School Eco Education Displays and Contest by four high schools:
Newport Harbor High School
Northwood High School (Irvine)
Sunny Hills High School (Fullerton)
La Mirada High School
- Plastic bag weaving and other recycled crafting.
- Scavenger Hunt for eco-friendly products at the O.C. Market Place.
- Color YOU Green with Free Face Painting from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- DreamWorks Movie Promotion for the 3-D animated comedy The CROODS: The world’s first modern family (Cave people) are uprooted from their cave and take a journey towards a better living environment. Sloth character will be on hand to pose for photos and greet visitors. Movie opens March 22.
- Stilt walking tree: Noon to 2 p.m.
- Abbit the Average Leprechaun “recycled” comedy and magic. 11a.m. to 2 p.m.
Gourmet food trucks: Crepes Bonaparte will be serving all of their crepes green along with featuring an Irish themed crepe of the month. Seabirds fits in well with its vegan goodies and Calbi BBQ will offer green “colored” burritos, and an Irish quesadilla.
Other food and beverage tinted green includes beer, lemonade and ice cream.
ADMISSION FOR LESS GREEN
The festival and the swap meet are included in the $2 admission (13 and older) or FREE with a pair of old eyeglasses for the Lion’s Club to help provide clear vision for those in need.
Children 12 and under are free, and there is plenty of free parking available.
Disclosure: Facts, information and photos provided in press information from the OC Marketplace.
More from The OC Mom Blog....