Aquarium of the Pacific: Pacific Islander Festival Giveaway
Discover and explore the rich and diverse cultures of the Pacific Islands at the Aquarium’s 13th annual Pacific Islander Festival. The festival will include traditional craft demonstrations, educational programs, and an ocean of entertainment, including music and dance performances. Enjoy hula, Tahitian drumming, Hawaiian games, island cuisine, and the work of artisans. Hawaiian, Maori, Tahitian, Samoan, Marshallese, Fijian, and Tongan cultures will be featured.
WHEN:Saturday and Sunday, June 4 and 5, 2016, from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Aquarium of the Pacific, 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
- 10:00 a.m., 10:40 a.m., 11:45 a.m. – Tahitian Performances – Hitia O Te Ra
- 12:20 p.m. Heritage Award Ceremony
- 12:55 p.m. and 1:40 p.m. Hawaiian Performances – Halau O Lilinoe
- 2:30 p.m., 3:10 p.m., 4:00 p.m. Hawaiian, Tahitian, and Maori Performances – Halau Hula a Kawika Laua o Leinani
- 10:00 a.m., 10:40 a.m., 11:45 a.m. Samoan, Maori, Marshallese, and Tahitian Performances – Tupua Productions
- 12:20 p.m., 12:55 p.m., 1:40 p.m. Maori, Hawaiian, and Tahitian Performances – Na Hoa O Ka Hale Kanu
- 2:30 p.m., 3:10 p.m., 4:00 p.m. Hawaiian and Tahitian Performances – Le Polynesia
- 10:30a.m. and 12:30 p.m. – Hula Implements – Halau O Lilinoe
- 3:30 p.m. – Maori Poi Balls – Halau Hula a Kawika Laua o Leinani
- 10:30 a.m. – Samoan Sasa Dance – Tupua Productions
- 12:30 p.m. – Hula Implements – Na Hoa O ka Hale Kanu
- 3:30 p.m. – Tahitian demonstration – Le Polynesia
Cultural Displays and Activities / Great Hall
- Hawaiian Lei Making – E Hula Mau / Na Mamo
- Fijian Cultural Artifacts – Colin & Zelda King
- Hawaiian Pandanus / Ti-Leaf Weaver (Ka Ulana Lauhala / Ulanana Lau Ki)*
- Hawaiian Tattoo (Na Kakau) and Hawaiian Games (Na Pa’ani Hawai’i)*
- Samoan Cultural Artifacts – Marlena Vaifale*
- Tongan Cultural Artifacts – Famili Pe Taha*
- Marshallese Coconut/Pandanus Weavers* – See how this traditional woven craftwork is made and purchase selected items.
Discount Savings! With coupon adults receive $10 OFF admission on June 4 or 5. Regular $29.95, just $19.95 with coupon! (Please print below)
Giveaway!! Enter to win a 4-pack of tickets to the Pacific Islander Festival at The Aquarium of the Pacific. Enter to win in the form below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Photos: Courtesy of the Aquarium of the Pacific
More from The OC Mom Blog....