Bringing Back the 80′s with Tuna Melts
Dinnertime was so much simpler when I was a kid. Who needed buns for their hamburgers? Baked potatoes for dinner? Why not! I am always making fancy gourmet meals for my kids every night, but after barely surviving the first week of school schedule, mom is dead tired. So, I flash backed to my mom’s era, and attempted to serve my kids tuna melts for dinner.
“eewwww..this is disgusting mom,” said my kids, while my husband and I could not get enough of them. The kids were plugging their noses while washing them down with giant cups of water, and it hit me – I am raising a group of food snobs. Oy!
If you don’t have a bunch of mini culinary connoisseurs running around your house, then you are in luck with this recipe. It’s quick, easy, and in my opinion – delicious!
5 English Muffins
2 Cans of albacore tuna
2 Tbl. of relish
2 Tbl. of Mayonnaise
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
1. Mix the tuna, relish and mayo together in a bowl.
2. Cut the english muffins in half, and place on a baking sheet
3. Top the english muffins with tuna mixture and cheese
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
5. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Bringing Back the 80?s with Tuna Melts
- 5 English Muffins
- 2 Cans of albacore tuna
- 2 Tbl. of relish
- 2 Tbl. of Mayonnaise
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Mix the tuna, relish and mayo together in a bowl.
- 2. Cut the english muffins in half, and place on a baking sheet
- 3. Top the english muffins with tuna mixture and cheese
- 4. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- 5. Serve warm, and enjoy!