Calming Mornings with TAZO Chai Latte
“This post was sponsored by Starbucks as part of an Influencer Activation. I received compensation and complimentary products to facilitate my review.”
My favorite thing to do in the morning is brew a cup of tea and watch the sunrise while reading a book on our outdoor patio. It is calming, and the perfect way to start my day before the craziness of chasing after three kiddos all day commences.
Before drinking tea, I was a major coffee drinker. I would drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day, and found that I was dependent on coffee getting me through the day. Part of my “new me in the New Year” commitment to taking care of myself, I have stopped drinking coffee and switched to tea. It was not as easy of a transition as I thought, and I was challenged for quite awhile trying to find a tea that I liked. That was until I discovered the TAZO® Chai Latte K-Cup® pods.
With every sip of a TAZO® Chai Latte K-Cup® pods, I feel like I am immersed into another world. The tea features rich, creamy flavors of cinnamon, cardamon, and spicy ginger. The tea is made with invigorating spices, tea leaves and creamy milk. It is the perfect combination of sweet meets spicy.
Ever since TAZO® has partnered with New York Times Bestselling author and host Padma Lakshmi to celebrate the release of the new K-Cup® pods, I have enjoyed making some of her recipes to pair with my morning tea. One of my favorite pairings is her sugar & cinnamon chips recipe. The sweet and savory chips help to enhance the rich flavors of the tea making my morning tea time an epicurean adventure. More recipe pairings can be found online, and we are thrilled to share her sugar & cinnamon chip recipe below:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch diameter)
- canola oil for frying
- Stir the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Slice each flour tortilla, as you would a pie, into 6 triangular wedges.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Line a dinner plate with paper towels.
- In the hot oil, fry the tortilla slices, in batches, for about 60 seconds each. Halfway through the frying, flip the chips so both sides become golden brown. Using metal tongs or a slotted spatula, remove the chips from the oil and place them on the paper towel to drain for about a minute.
- Place the still-warm chips in a brown paper lunch bag, a batch at a time, and add several pinches of the cinnamon and sugar mixture to the bag. Roll the bag closed and shake vigorously to coat each chip with the sweet mixture, while being careful not to break the chips.
When looking for a new morning drink, consider swapping your traditional coffee, and explore a whole new world of flavors with the TAZO® Chai Latte K-Cup® pods. I guarantee that it will be love and first sip, and you’ll never go back to drinking traditional coffee again.
Learn more about TAZO® on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
More from The OC Mom Blog....