The holidays are sweeter this year at the Disneyland Resort with their all-new Festival of Holidays celebration at Disney California Adventure Park. There are many delicious sweet and savory food offerings at different kiosks located throughout the theme park. One of the tastiest food offerings during the Festival of Holidays is the Sugar Spiced Noodle Kugel.
While I was visiting the Disneyland Resort this holiday season, I was honored to be given a unique opportunity to learn how to make Disney’s Sugar Spiced Noodle Kugel and share the cooking tutorial with all of you.
The recipe is a twist on a traditional dish served during Hanukkah. It features a lemon cream sauce with cranberries and frosted flakes. It is simple to make and a great recipe to invite your children to help make with you during the holidays.
Enjoy eating this tasty noodle kugel at Disney California Adventure Park and then continue to enjoy making it at home with your family throughout the holiday season. Follow the simple instructions in the tutorial video below.
Don’t miss savoring all the delicious culinary options at Disney California Adventure Park during the Festival of Holidays until January 8th.
1 cup sour cream Zest of 2 lemons
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup sugar-frosted corn flake cereal 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with butter. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add egg noodles and boil for 4-5 minutes, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add cottage cheese, sour cream, and melted butter, whisking until combined.
4. Add cinnamon, allspice, salt, and cranberries to egg mixture. Stir in noodles.
5. Pour into prepared baking pan, making sure to press noodles down and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until top is golden and filling is set.
FOR LEMON CREAM:
1. Combine sour cream, lemon zest, and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until blended.
2. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Cut warm kugel to desired size. Top with drizzle of lemon cream and sprinkle with sugar-frosted corn flake cereal and dried cranberries.
Recipe is courtesy of Disney