DIY Peeps Floral Arrangement
Springtime is full of beautiful blooming flowers and all the stores are stocked full of Peeps candies for Easter. I figured I would combine both to make a very easy DIY floral arrangement. This is something that takes little time to complete, so even a beginner crafter will be able to wow people with it. If you do not want to use the grass you can also use jellybeans or other little candies in the vase as a filler. The whole point in making crafts, is creating something that you like. Never worry about changing stuff to suit your style. I am a trial and error kind of crafter. I am always changing things up to fit my needs and likes. This is how I have created some of my favorite things.
- 5 boxes of bunny shaped Peeps candies in the colors of your choice (if you use a bigger vase purchase more Peeps, smaller vase will require less Peeps)
- 8” bubble ball vase (or any round vase you choose)
- 5.48 vase (or any smaller vase that will fit in the middle of the round vase)
- Easter grass (in the colors of your choice) I used purple,green and yellow.
- Bouquet of flowers (I clipped flowers from my backyard)
- Floral accents ( I used a few curly sprays found in the silk flower section of my local craft store)
Roll of wired ribbon (for bow) or use a pre made floral bow
In your big round vase start layering easter grass.
Next add your smaller vase inside the bigger vase.
Add 1 more ring of Easter grass around the inside vase.
Start making a row of peeps inside the vase in between both vases. (you can make any pattern or use any color combo you desire)
When you have completed the ring of Peeps inside the vase start adding another ring of easter grass.
Layer another row of Peeps on top of the grass above the first set of Peeps.
Add one last layer of grass above the second row of peeps. (if you have a bigger vase continue layering in the same pattern)
Fill the center vase with water.
Add the flowers to the center vase filled with the water.
Arrange the flowers in the vase and add in the floral accents of your choice.
Make a bow with the wired ribbon and tie it on the vase.
Once you have finished this floral arrangement makes a beautiful centerpiece or a great gift to brighten up someones day.
I stored mine in the fridge overnight to make it last a little longer.
More from The OC Mom Blog....