Easter Bunny Egg Necklaces
I don’t know about you, but every year I seem to be inundated with a bunch of leftover plastic Easter eggs. I am always trying to find creative ways to use them up. Last year we did a nighttime glow in the dark egg hunt. This year I decided we would decorate the plastic eggs. Make them into something we could give away to friends and also put into Easter baskets. This craft is not only fun to make it is fun to eat. I love edible crafts!
Here is what you will need:
- Plastic Easter eggs (with 2 holes at the top) small or large size. We used large eggs to stuff more goodies inside
- Pipe cleaners
- Sharpie marker
- Adhesive google eyes
- Adhesive gems or stickers to decorate
- Pom Poms
- Thin yarn or string
- Glue dots or hot glue depending on personal preference
- Jelly beans or other small candy
- Small party favors
- Fruit loops or other circular shaped cereal to string on a necklace
- Find the front of the egg and add the adhesive eyes starting the face.
- Take 1 pipe cleaner and bend it in half, then bend each half and twist those together to form bunny ears.
- Draw a face on the bunny egg with a sharpie marker. You do not have to do this. We have made them without the faces and another time with the faces. Both ways look cute.
- Decorate the egg with gems,stickers and other embellishments of your choice
- Cut off a section of yarn as long as you want the necklace to be
- String your yarn through the 2 holes at the top of the egg
- Start stringing the cereal onto both sides of the yarn. You can do this in a pattern or random colors. It is fully up to you.
- When you have finished stringing the cereal on both sides of the yarn equally, tie the remaining yarn to for a complete necklace.
- Using a glue dot or hot glue add your bunny ears to the top of the egg. Be sure it is in front of the cereal on the necklace. (If it is behind, the cereal covers the ears when the child is wearing the necklace)
- Add a glue dot or hot glue to the backside of the egg, then stick a pom pom on for the bunny tail.
- Fill your eggs with jelly beans and other goodies of your choice.
You can now proudly display your necklace on your neck, eat it, give it away to a friend or just put it in a ziplock to save for Easter. The possibilities are endless.
More from The OC Mom Blog....