National Milk Day: Tips for Getting Kids to Drink Milk
Did you know that today is National Milk Day?
According to the Journal of Pediatrics, dairy and calcium intakes are inadequate in most 4 to 18 year olds. A carton (8oz.) of shelf safe milk has 8 grams of protein and 9 essential nutrients – calcium, Vitamins A, D and B12, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, riboflavin, niacin and zinc – nearly half of the daily recommend vitamins. Thanks to Tetra Pack milk cartons, milk has officially been unleased making is easy for parents to get those important vitamins into their kids diets.
Milk Unleased has offered this great tips for helping to get your kids drinking their milk:
- Appeal to your kids eyes by adding a small drop of food coloring to their milk. This can be fun, and gets kids excited about drinking it!
- Be a role model. Kids will be more likely to want milk if their see their parents drinking it.
- Try freezing the single serving packages the night before, so a few hours into your travels, it will be just the right temperature.
- Stock your refrigerator (and pantry) with single serving milk cartons for a healthy snack on the go!
- Put milk into your kids lunchboxes.
Just because busy families are on the go, they don’t have to sacrifice nutrition. Happy National Milk Day!
Disclosure: We were provided with a variety of milk boxes. All our thoughts and opinions are of our own.